Higher Education… Higher Disappointment or Higher Success?
Seth Godin, marketing guru extraordinaire, blasted his followership with a bleak message this spring: there is a melt-down coming in higher education. http://bit.ly/dvQ12T
According to Godin,
- Post-secondary degrees focus less on creating future leaders and problem-solvers with tangible skills and more on creating academically inclined wannabe professors.
- The correlation between a typical degree and a student’s career success is suspect.
- Post-secondary institutions increasingly provide an average education to average students.
Grade Learning’s Career College was born from these and similar gripes. As Ontario’s largest full-service education provider, Grade has been delivering individualized adult education for over 17 years.
3 key distinctions mean our programs defy Godin’s doomsday sentiments:
- Our proprietary InteGRADE Learning System uses best practices in adult education to help our students achieve better outcomes by being engaged, accountable and independent learners. The 3 learning modes it utilizes mirror the modes of interaction in today’s workplaces and equip our learners to succeed on the job.
- For years we’ve prepared adults for new careers and re-entry into the work force, including connecting many of our students with prospective employers through work placements. Today, our Career College, Specialized Training programs and Career Services teach the essential skills required for different professions and prepare our students with the right tools and attitude to quickly find and keep a job.
- Our certified B.Ed., TESL, Microsoft Office Specialist and industry experienced Career College Instructors bring the knowledge and commitment required to deliver individualized education that truly takes into account each student’s strengths and needs… education thatis anything but average.
What do you think? How can higher education better prepare students for their futures?
Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.